October 2020 Volume VI
The purpose of Kappa Beta Delta is to encourage and recognize scholarship and accomplishment among students of business pursuing associate degrees. To encourage and promote personal and professional improvement and a life distinguished by honorable service to humankind.
What to Do If You Need to Amend Your Tax Return
Mistakes happen, which is why the IRS offers taxpayers the choice to make amends to their tax returns. You may want to file an amended return if you used the wrong filing status, entered information incorrectly, have unreported income, or have changes to your deductions. Here's how to get started:
· If you do need to file an amended return, fill out Form 1040-X, Amended US Individual Income Tax Return.
· Mail the form to the address listed under Where to File on Form 1040-X.
· Attach copies of any forms or schedules affected by the change.
After filing, they should expect to pay additional tax owed as soon as possible. You can track the status of your amended return with the "Where's My Amended Return?" resource.
*This information is not intended to be a substitute for specific individualized tax advice. We suggest that you discuss your specific tax issues with a qualified tax professional.
Tip adapted from IRS.gov
Prevention Tips for Breast Cancer Awareness Month
October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month and there's no better time to share some prevention tips. Here are a few tips that may help lower your risk of breast cancer (and help you live an overall healthier lifestyle):
· Perform self-exams every month to check for any changes in the breast tissue. These self-exams may be able to help women spot abnormalities early.
· Maintain a healthy weight. Being overweight or obese may increase your risk of developing breast cancer, as well as other conditions such as diabetes or heart disease.
· Limit alcohol consumption. Evidence may suggest that the more alcohol you drink, the greater your risk of developing breast cancer.
· Don't smoke. Evidence may suggest a link between smoking and breast cancer risk.
· Be physically active, which will help you maintain a healthy weight as well. You may want to aim for at least 150 minutes a week of moderate aerobic activity.
Tip adapted from Mayo Clinic
The Environmental Benefits of Video Calling
If you haven't used video conferencing calls in the last few months, you may want to consider not only the practical opportunities (social distancing) but also the environmental. We all want to be able to look in on friends and family members, but video calls give us an opportunity to connect while using less gas and energy.
Today, video calling is easier than ever. Most of these platforms offer a free membership level, which makes talking to friends and family affordable and convenient!
Tip adapted from Big Green Purse