December 2020 Volume XIII
The purpose of Kappa Beta Delta is to encourage and recognize scholarship and accomplishment among students of business pursuing associate degrees. To encourage and promote personal and professional improvement and a life distinguished by honorable service to humankind.
Stay Safe While Shopping Online
While online shopping can be a convenient way to do your holiday shopping, it's important to keep your information safe. Here are some tips from the IRS to help:
· Make sure the site you are shopping from is secure. You can tell by looking for "https" in the URL. If there isn't an "s", be weary of providing your credit card information. You can also look for a lock icon in the URL bar.
· Make sure you are using a secure internet connection. Avoid shopping online if you're using unprotected WiFi, including WiFi networks at the library, work, the mall, or other public places.
· Look out for phishing emails, which are emails that come from spam accounts pretending to be from a legitimate business.
· Use unique passwords for each of your accounts and make sure your passwords are strong (at least 12 characters, contain upper and lowercase letters, contain numbers, and contain special characters). Don't use any personal information in your password, such as your name or family's names.
* This information is not intended to be a substitute for specific individualized tax advice. We suggest that you discuss your specific tax issues with a qualified tax professional.
Tip adapted from IRS
Give a Homemade Gift This Holiday Season
With all the buzz surrounding online shopping, it may seem like Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals are the only option for holiday gifts. But, if you want to avoid the crazes at the mall and online and want to give a unique, meaningful gift, look no further than a homemade craft.