December 2020 Volume IX
The purpose of Kappa Beta Delta is to encourage and recognize scholarship and accomplishment among students of business pursuing associate degrees. To encourage and promote personal and professional improvement and a life distinguished by honorable service to humankind.
Paying Employment Taxes? Make Sure You're Using the Correct Form
If you're a small business owner, you should understand the differences between two commonly used employment tax returns.
Form 944, Employer's Annual Federal Tax Return, is designed for small business owners to pay employment taxes once a year instead of quarterly. Business owners may receive a notice from the IRS informing them that they can file Form 944. Business owners may have to file this form every year until the IRS notifies them differently.
Form 941, Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return is a form designed for employers to report income taxes, Social Security, or Medicare tax withheld from employee's paychecks. Again, the IRS may inform business owners of whether they should use Form 941.
If you have questions about which form you should use, please contact our office. We may be able to provide some guidance or help you find some information on the IRS website.
* This information is not intended to be a substitute for specific individualized tax advice. We suggest that you discuss your specific tax issues with a qualified tax professional.
Tip adapted from IRS
Have a Healthier Holiday
The holidays are known for rich meals and lots of sweet goodies. But, that doesn't mean that you can't stay healthy! Here are some tips to help you have a healthier holiday, while still enjoying this special time of year:
· Choose your splurges. Enjoy things you can only have once a year and save your stomach for those.
· Don't skip meals. If you do, you might be even hungrier later and overeat.
· Don't feel guilty. This is probably the most important wellness tip this season. If you do overindulge, don't beat yourself up over it. Try to do better next time and just focus on having a relaxing holiday!
Tip adapted from Mayo Clinic
Beautiful Eco-Friendly Wreaths
Wreaths make the perfect holiday decor and it's easy to find eco-friendly options that are both beautiful and gentle on the planet. Here are some tips to make your own wreath for the holidays:
· Use natural materials that will biodegrade after the holiday season is over. Clematis twigs or branches are good to use as a base due to their flexibility, but any branches that have some natural movement to them will work. Form a circular shape with the branches, securing with twine or string so it holds its shape.
· Gather natural materials to decorate. Leaves, flowers, fruits, and evergreen plants make lovely eco-friendly additions to your wreath.
· Bunch your decorative materials together in groups of 3-5 so that they are roughly the same height. Secure each bunch with string or twine to the wreath until no bare spots are left.
· Trim any excess material, and hang your wreath.
Tip adapted from BioFriendly Planet Magazine