March 2022 Volume 23
Celebrating Women’s’ Month
The purpose of Kappa Beta Delta is to encourage and recognize scholarship and accomplishment among students of business pursuing associate degrees. To encourage and promote personal and professional improvement and a life distinguished by honorable service to humankind.
"Women belong in all places where decisions are being made. It shouldn't be that women are the exception." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Have You Created Your IRS Online Account?
The IRS makes it easy to create an online account where you can view all kinds of account information, such as:
Your payoff amount
The balance if you owe taxes
Your payment history
Key information from your most current tax return
Payment plan details if you have one
Select IRS notices
Economic payments (if you have any)
Your address on file with the IRS
You can even make online payments and get a digital copy of the most recent transcript of your tax return.
* This information is not intended to be a substitute for specific, individualized tax advice. We suggest that you discuss your specific tax issues with a qualified tax professional.
Tip adapted from IRS.gov
A “Berry” Important Superfood
Not only are blueberries delicious, but they are also a powerful superfood that has many potential health benefits. They are low in calories, can be added to countless dishes, and are the perfect easy snack. Here are some benefits of blueberries, according to Healthline:
1. They are high in fiber, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, and Manganese (all important nutrients)
2. They are high in antioxidants
3. They may help lower blood pressure, according to one study by PubMed Central
4. They may help maintain brain function and improve memory based on their antioxidant levels, according to a study by the National Institute of Health
5. They may reduce muscle damage after exercise and improve inflammation
Tip adapted from Healthline
SAVE the Date
Kappa Beta Delta (KBD) Induction Ceremony
March 5, 2022 10 am – 11:30 am
Honorary Member and Keynote Speaker
Executive Director K-14 Initiatives
KBD Fundraiser at Chick-fil –A Merrillville
April 18, 2022 5 pm – 7 pm
Check out the flyer attached
Ivy Life Welcome Back Fest with Advisor Aleesha Thirkles-Williams and KBD Officer Amanda Edge
Coming up this week on ZOOM @ Noon CST : March 4th
Chandra L. Gary is a Career Coach and Certified Career Advisor. She created Solutions by Chandra LLC and empowers professional women to leave stressful and toxic work environments.
KBD Lake County Advisors
Dr. Trina Lynch-Jackson Service- Learning Coordinator
Professor Joseph Joniec
Adjunct Faculty Aleesha Thirkles-Williams