Financial Friday’s Reflections VII - COVID 19
Budgets are about being intentional. During these unprecedented times technology has played an instrumental role in educational instruction. Internet providers have stepped up and are assisting with ensuring communities are able to continue their focus on educating ALL. We are working remotely, teaching remotely, maintaining social distancing, sheltering in place and being socially responsible. These are usual times people are struggling financially, be kind to one another. Listed below is information shared with students in Lake County Indiana.
The Keep America Connected Pledge asks U.S. telephone and broadband service providers to agree that, for the next 60 days, they will open wi-fi and hotspots to all Americans who need them, not terminate any services to residential or small business customers who can't pay their bills due to complications from the pandemic. Below are several companies that may be a benefit to you. Some of you may be eligible for a free government that provide free internet and phone service.
U.S. CELLULAR ANNOUNCES SUPPORT FOR KEEP AMERICANS CONNECTED PLEDGE
To support our customers impacted by the coronavirus pandemic, U.S. Cellular has signed on to the Keep Americans Connected Pledge.
As part of this pledge, for the next 60 days, U.S. Cellular will:
Not terminate service to any residential or small business customers because of their inability to pay their bills due to the disruptions caused by the coronavirus pandemic;
Waive any late fees that any residential or small business customers incur because of their economic circumstances related to the coronavirus pandemic
Starting on Monday, March 16, 2020, Charter Communications - Spectrum will begin to offer free internet to families without access across the United States.
Charter commits to the following for 60 days:
- Charter will offer free Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription and at any service level up to 100 Mbps. To enroll call 1-844-488-8395. Installation fees will be waived for new student households.
- Charter will partner with school districts to ensure local communities are aware of these tools to help students learn remotely. Charter will continue to offer Spectrum Internet Assist, high speed broadband program to eligible low-income households delivering speeds of 30 Mbps.
- Charter will open its Wi-Fi hotspots across our footprint for public use. Spectrum does not have data caps or hidden fees.
Comcast is taking steps to implement the following new policies for the next 60 days, and other important initiatives during the COVID virus.
- Xfinity WiFi Free For Everyone
- Pausing Our Data Plan
- No Disconnects or Late Fees
- Internet Essentials Free to New Customers
- News, Information and Educational Content on X1
- 24x7 Network Monitoring
- Waive late fees due to COVID-19
- Suspend phone disconnections
SAFELINK (government phones)
President Kappa Beta Delta International Honor Society